Post the prompt assignment you chose, the title of your piece here, and also a link to it (a link to it on the YWP website). Do not post your actual piece here.
I really loved your piece! The way you started with saying that we are afraid of what we do not know and how Martin Luther King Jr. faced the unknown everyday he fought for freedom and equality was beautiful. I like you made this idea flow into modern times and discussing some of the negativity in the world, but never bashing anyone in particular, just saying that love needed to be a bigger part of learning. As well as recognizing the faults in people today, you also illuminated our potential and how much love we have to go around.
Wow! I mean I don’t have many words for that. I loved your piece and couldn’t agree more. I love the way you connected MLK to our American principals and values changed within history and how we need to fight back for them. Of course in a peaceful way. This piece was amazing.
Eamon’s piece is important because every time a new group of immigrants come to America people discriminate against them. People are scared these people are going to “steal” their jobs. Immigrants are usually some of the hardest working people that are willing to do jobs that some people don’t want to do. When immigrants come in they just make everyone else to move up in the economy. Given some jobs will be taken but that is the persons that lost their jobs fault because they didn’t work hard enough to become in replaceable. People should remember that we are all human no matter where someone is from and don’t deserve to be treated awful.
I was intrigued by your piece. You did an excellent job of telling the story, and did a nice job digging into the feelings of someone who went through something like that. I was surprised at how much research you did on this piece, and overall, it was well done.
The Netherlands is a very liberal nation, but it is just in the twenty-first century that we have dug into an entirely new network of social issues, one of which being euthanasia. In the United States, I do not think Congress has passed a law about this issue, but I think Vermont had a bill trying to allow terminally ill patients to make their own decision about whether or not they wanted to keep living. In my opinion, if you have no life left to live, why would you live it?
I responded to Realize. Finish this phrase, “In that moment, I realized…” and start or end a story or poem with it. It is called The Plague https://youngwritersproject.org/node/21203
I like how you started off the story by describing how your character felt instead of what had happened. It made me want to read on to find out what had happened to make them feel that way. I also liked how you told the story with the character looking back at what had happened. Its interesting how you wrote the story in a way were it sort of sounds like it is through an eleven year olds point of view. The ending was really good because the character found someone that they could relate to. It was a nice wrap up to a sad story.
I responded to Photo 8-Treetop. Write from the perspective of a character sitting on top of this tree. What can the character see? Include something — maybe a friend, a pet, or even a responsibility — waiting at the bottom.
I liked your piece. At first I thought it would just be about a person at peace with the world. I liked the imagery in the beginning. I could really picture a peaceful Vermont landscape, with the cows slowly wandering, and the old barn. I then thought, ‘Oh, he befriended the dog.’
I liked how different it was from all the other stories for this prompt. It seemed to me like a prompt where most of the responses will be similar originally, but you found a creative path for your story. I also really liked the ending because it was so unexpected which made it funny. I also appreciate that you left the line you did as the end of the piece.
Colleen, I love your peice so much. It sends such a beautiful message. You are telling people that despite their problems, their hardships they can still be happy. I feel like you perfectly embody your poem. Whenever I see you you are always smiling (this is, I think, the best way to be happy). Your poem address such an important thing in a light and calming way all while managing to rhyme. Your works have made my day. So well done Colleen, I am very proud of you.
I like this piece, and it reminds me of you. I like how you start and end your poem in a similar way. I also like how you describe the different places you can see yourself living. Your description of Vermont sounds exactly how I would imagine people who do not live here would see it. When I think about Vermont, the first thing that comes to mind is the hills and forests, which I find to be beautiful. However, if I think about it from the perspective of an outsider, I think of farms and tractors, and that is a part of Vermont, but when I think of Vermont that way, I don’t really want to be associated with it. I also particularly enjoy your description of the ocean, because you never explicitly say that’s where it is, but your description of the air and waves make it immediately obvious. Another reason I liked your piece is because it reminded me of you. Your personality shines through your writing. I understand your desire to get out of this small rural town and into the world. I can easily see you living in a big city like New York. I was surprised that you included space as one of your options, but I think that it was a good choice because maybe someday soon humans will live in space for 396 days. This life does not appeal to me, but it is an interesting possibility.
I really liked your piece and all of the descriptions of the places that you could end up. I really liked the ending and how sure you were that you are not going to end up living around here. My favorite part was when you were describing waking up to the ocean. I could really imagine hearing the waves and smelling the salt. I can really relate to this piece because I don’t want to live here when I get older. I don’t know where I want to live yet but I do know it won’t be around here. I think the only place I would be willing to live around here is Burlington.
I relate to this piece because I am not going to live in this area forever. I would like to explore new places. I like how Morgan even talked about space because who knows what will happen in the future. The world is vast why not try to explore it and live in different places. I have always felt it weird when people never move away from the same little town. You see the same people and the same views every year. Eventually it would get boring in my opinion. I guess my family never will be in the same little town for the generations.
Wow! I love this piece. To me this feels like a very personal thing. To me this piece is something that means something different to every person. This is a very hard thing for writers to do. It is amazing how this piece made me feel. I loved the ending I feel like it the story of figuring how to live with the depression for this specific person and it shows everyone that they can. The part of about being brave and asking for help I really relate to because I have had to ask for help in my life from someone and it is an amazing thing to get help, but it is also a scary thing. I love this piece!
Haha! This is so funny Morgan!!! I really hope this is not a true story but if it is I’m so sorry. I really like how descriptive it was. Also I liked how you perfectly captures the attitude of a 5-year-old (wild and out of control). I thought that the ending was really funny, you just took the money and ran. I would do the exact same thing if I were you (that kid sounds like he is the devil). Good job Morgan! If you write another one of these I would love to read It.
Oh my goodness this is so funny I feel so bad! I’m glad you got payed for that but it sounds like you should’ve been payed extra. I love all the details you added and the side notes about how you might have a bald spot haha. I’m so sorry this happened but it does make a great story. I started laughing out loud when you said the parents didn’t look surprised.
I really like your piece. It was funny and I liked how descriptive it was. I definitely didn’t expect your piece to be about a rooster because it’s called “Bull” Fighting. I thought it was really good and written well. Your description of what happened with the rooster was really well done and I could really imagine it happening. I really liked the part when the rooster was waiting outside the front door. I also liked the end and how the person wasn’t sure if the rooster was still there and they were hoping that it wasn’t. Your piece reminds me of when I was younger and we had a rooster. It was one of the scariest pets I have ever had. It attacked me and i have been scared of roosters ever since.
I chose the MLK assignment. The title of the piece is called fear. This is a link to it: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/21004
ReplyDeleteI really loved your piece! The way you started with saying that we are afraid of what we do not know and how Martin Luther King Jr. faced the unknown everyday he fought for freedom and equality was beautiful. I like you made this idea flow into modern times and discussing some of the negativity in the world, but never bashing anyone in particular, just saying that love needed to be a bigger part of learning. As well as recognizing the faults in people today, you also illuminated our potential and how much love we have to go around.
DeleteWow! I mean I don’t have many words for that. I loved your piece and couldn’t agree more. I love the way you connected MLK to our American principals and values changed within history and how we need to fight back for them. Of course in a peaceful way. This piece was amazing.
Delete
DeleteEamon’s piece is important because every time a new group of immigrants come to America people discriminate against them. People are scared these people are going to “steal” their jobs. Immigrants are usually some of the hardest working people that are willing to do jobs that some people don’t want to do. When immigrants come in they just make everyone else to move up in the economy. Given some jobs will be taken but that is the persons that lost their jobs fault because they didn’t work hard enough to become in replaceable. People should remember that we are all human no matter where someone is from and don’t deserve to be treated awful.
I responded to the prompt: History. The title of the piece is Euthanasia in the Netherlands 2002. https://youngwritersproject.org/node/21064
ReplyDeleteI was intrigued by your piece. You did an excellent job of telling the story, and did a nice job digging into the feelings of someone who went through something like that. I was surprised at how much research you did on this piece, and overall, it was well done.
DeleteThe Netherlands is a very liberal nation, but it is just in the twenty-first century that we have dug into an entirely new network of social issues, one of which being euthanasia. In the United States, I do not think Congress has passed a law about this issue, but I think Vermont had a bill trying to allow terminally ill patients to make their own decision about whether or not they wanted to keep living. In my opinion, if you have no life left to live, why would you live it?
I responded to Realize. Finish this phrase, “In that moment, I realized…” and start or end a story or poem with it. It is called The Plague
ReplyDeletehttps://youngwritersproject.org/node/21203
I like how you started off the story by describing how your character felt instead of what had happened. It made me want to read on to find out what had happened to make them feel that way. I also liked how you told the story with the character looking back at what had happened. Its interesting how you wrote the story in a way were it sort of sounds like it is through an eleven year olds point of view. The ending was really good because the character found someone that they could relate to. It was a nice wrap up to a sad story.
DeleteI responded to Photo 8-Treetop. Write from the perspective of a character sitting on top of this tree. What can the character see? Include something — maybe a friend, a pet, or even a responsibility — waiting at the bottom.
ReplyDeletehttps://youngwritersproject.org/node/21205
I liked your piece. At first I thought it would just be about a person at peace with the world. I liked the imagery in the beginning. I could really picture a peaceful Vermont landscape, with the cows slowly wandering, and the old barn. I then thought, ‘Oh, he befriended the dog.’
DeleteI liked how different it was from all the other stories for this prompt. It seemed to me like a prompt where most of the responses will be similar originally, but you found a creative path for your story. I also really liked the ending because it was so unexpected which made it funny. I also appreciate that you left the line you did as the end of the piece.
I responded to the prompt: Fortune
ReplyDeleteHere’s a link to my piece: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/21310
Colleen, I love your peice so much. It sends such a beautiful message. You are telling people that despite their problems, their hardships they can still be happy. I feel like you perfectly embody your poem. Whenever I see you you are always smiling (this is, I think, the best way to be happy). Your poem address such an important thing in a light and calming way all while managing to rhyme. Your works have made my day. So well done Colleen, I am very proud of you.
DeleteI responded to the prompt "Sure".
ReplyDeleteHere is the link: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/21330
I like this piece, and it reminds me of you. I like how you start and end your poem in a similar way. I also like how you describe the different places you can see yourself living. Your description of Vermont sounds exactly how I would imagine people who do not live here would see it. When I think about Vermont, the first thing that comes to mind is the hills and forests, which I find to be beautiful. However, if I think about it from the perspective of an outsider, I think of farms and tractors, and that is a part of Vermont, but when I think of Vermont that way, I don’t really want to be associated with it. I also particularly enjoy your description of the ocean, because you never explicitly say that’s where it is, but your description of the air and waves make it immediately obvious. Another reason I liked your piece is because it reminded me of you. Your personality shines through your writing. I understand your desire to get out of this small rural town and into the world. I can easily see you living in a big city like New York. I was surprised that you included space as one of your options, but I think that it was a good choice because maybe someday soon humans will live in space for 396 days. This life does not appeal to me, but it is an interesting possibility.
DeleteI really liked your piece and all of the descriptions of the places that you could end up. I really liked the ending and how sure you were that you are not going to end up living around here. My favorite part was when you were describing waking up to the ocean. I could really imagine hearing the waves and smelling the salt. I can really relate to this piece because I don’t want to live here when I get older. I don’t know where I want to live yet but I do know it won’t be around here. I think the only place I would be willing to live around here is Burlington.
Delete
DeleteI relate to this piece because I am not going to live in this area forever. I would like to explore new places. I like how Morgan even talked about space because who knows what will happen in the future. The world is vast why not try to explore it and live in different places. I have always felt it weird when people never move away from the same little town. You see the same people and the same views every year. Eventually it would get boring in my opinion. I guess my family never will be in the same little town for the generations.
I responded to the prompt "Prez"
ReplyDeleteHere's a link: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/20820
I responded to “Last”. My poem is called Last Chance. Link: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/21412
ReplyDeleteWow! I love this piece. To me this feels like a very personal thing. To me this piece is something that means something different to every person. This is a very hard thing for writers to do. It is amazing how this piece made me feel. I loved the ending I feel like it the story of figuring how to live with the depression for this specific person and it shows everyone that they can. The part of about being brave and asking for help I really relate to because I have had to ask for help in my life from someone and it is an amazing thing to get help, but it is also a scary thing. I love this piece!
DeleteI chose to do a general post: My story is The Untold Stories of a Babysitter. Link:https://youngwritersproject.org/node/21416
ReplyDeleteHaha! This is so funny Morgan!!! I really hope this is not a true story but if it is I’m so sorry. I really like how descriptive it was. Also I liked how you perfectly captures the attitude of a 5-year-old (wild and out of control). I thought that the ending was really funny, you just took the money and ran. I would do the exact same thing if I were you (that kid sounds like he is the devil). Good job Morgan! If you write another one of these I would love to read It.
DeleteOh my goodness this is so funny I feel so bad! I’m glad you got payed for that but it sounds like you should’ve been payed extra. I love all the details you added and the side notes about how you might have a bald spot haha. I’m so sorry this happened but it does make a great story. I started laughing out loud when you said the parents didn’t look surprised.
DeleteI responded to the prompt "sound surprise"
ReplyDeleteHere's a link: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/21422
I really like your piece. It was funny and I liked how descriptive it was. I definitely didn’t expect your piece to be about a rooster because it’s called “Bull” Fighting. I thought it was really good and written well. Your description of what happened with the rooster was really well done and I could really imagine it happening. I really liked the part when the rooster was waiting outside the front door. I also liked the end and how the person wasn’t sure if the rooster was still there and they were hoping that it wasn’t. Your piece reminds me of when I was younger and we had a rooster. It was one of the scariest pets I have ever had. It attacked me and i have been scared of roosters ever since.
Deletehttps://youngwritersproject.org/node/22510 Had Prompt of “Forest”
ReplyDelete