Name the topic of your discussion and the date you led it. Also describe your process of preparing and how you feel the discussion went. (minimum 250 words)
My preparation for the discussion was difficult. This was because of the fact of that I had to make an idea for a plan that got everyone involved in the discussion. I decided small groups would be the best way to give everyone involved. I think this worked pretty well everyone gave their opinion except those that didn’t read. That must be the worst thing for a teacher people who don’t read so they do not understand the discussion. I think my question handled all the parts of the chapter. This was a complex chapter so I felt there was a lot to unpack. During the group conversation. I think people were able to formulate more ideas of why John Steinbeck made the book end this way. I think as a teacher letting the students time to think why is important. Although during group discussions not everyone speaks. Some people just don’t want to say what they are thinking. I am not sure how I could have made everyone share their ideas. I feel some people conformed to the group instead of having their own opinions. Maybe I could have had everyone write down their answer for each question, then I could have read each one of them out loud. With out saying who wrote it. This would get everyone’s Ideas out into the open with out people conforming to other peoples ideas. Maybe people think that they aren’t smart enough, or don’t have the confidence to share their ideas. Overall I think that my discussion went well. A lot of people presented interesting ideas and I felt that there was interesting discussion.
My preparation for the discussion was difficult. This was because of the fact of that I had to make an idea for a plan that got everyone involved in the discussion. I decided small groups would be the best way to give everyone involved. I think this worked pretty well everyone gave their opinion except those that didn’t read. That must be the worst thing for a teacher people who don’t read so they do not understand the discussion. I think my question handled all the parts of the chapter. This was a complex chapter so I felt there was a lot to unpack. During the group conversation. I think people were able to formulate more ideas of why John Steinbeck made the book end this way. I think as a teacher letting the students time to think why is important. Although during group discussions not everyone speaks. Some people just don’t want to say what they are thinking. I am not sure how I could have made everyone share their ideas. I feel some people conformed to the group instead of having their own opinions. Maybe I could have had everyone write down their answer for each question, then I could have read each one of them out loud. With out saying who wrote it. This would get everyone’s Ideas out into the open with out people conforming to other peoples ideas. Maybe people think that they aren’t smart enough, or don’t have the confidence to share their ideas. Overall I think that my discussion went well. A lot of people presented interesting ideas and I felt that there was interesting discussion.
ReplyDelete