I like how you ended your poem . The ending shows that it is very hard to leave your old life behind, and begin a new one. I also like how you describe that the surrounding beauty hides the not so great parts of town. I feel that this is true with many places. People will try to look for the beauty and try to hide the ugly.
I responded to Rain. Write a rhyming poem about being stuck in the rain, and a surprising discovery you make https://youngwritersproject.org/node/22018
I really enjoyed reading your piece. I thought you did a good job setting up your funny lines, and the rhyme scheme was nice, and I thought you added some nice description throughout the poem. You wrote well about how rainy days seem to make everything worse. I think you showed how weather tends to determine our moods. We've all had bad days like the narrator of the poem, and they tend to happen not so coincidentally on the days when it is raining. Nice poem.
I responded to One; Write a serious conversation between two characters. Just write the dialogue, nothing else. Now, delete everything one person said so that only one side of the conversation remains. https://youngwritersproject.org/node/22321
It is crazy to me how from just one persons dialogue I could tell that the conversation was about someone in their family had a baby. I could tell their were complications about something. I wonder what the other person had said. It is interesting how much we know with only half of the conversation. I wonder how much people know when you hear someone on the phone. Would I be able to tell who the person was talking to. I think it is interesting the brain can connect half of words to figure out what is going on. Do we do this in our everyday life?
This is definitely an important topic in the country right now. I think people need to work on educating other people instead of not listening to the other side. If people do not pay attention to a view opposite of their own how will one know others perspectives. Many people have many different perspectives. Someone that lives in the city may not realize the amount of guns used only for hunting.This would be a perspective someone would miss. If they did not listen.
I really like your piece because it is well written, and I know exactly what you’re talking about. I like how you start with the saying, and then you go off on digressions, but it is all pulled together at the end. The little (big) things, can make or break a day. Specifically with human interactions. It can just be something that happens everyday, like sharing a laugh at something. There are many things that go into a day, but there are things that push us over the edge one way or the other. I think it is important for us to remember to think about all the many things that make us happy.
I like how your piece is both happy and sad at the same time. It reminds me off the joys of life, and how easily they can be cut short. It’s saying savor life while you still can. The way I read it, the piece is not saying that each of these experiences will be your last, but that they could be your last, especially the last line. It is a powerful way to end the piece. I also feel that the way you chose to start every line the same way reinforced the power of “This is your last chance.” The way you used imagery made all of the feelings in each situation very clear, and easy to imagine. I liked how some of your examples, such as, “This is your last chance to do that one thing you have been waiting to do,” were more vague, but there were also very specific examples, such as, “This is your last chance to listen to a good story. Those laughs and smiles will be gone.”
I really liked your piece. I responded to this prompt last quarter and it was cool to see how someone else came up with a completely different poem but with the same directions used to write it. I loved all of the imagery used in your poem. I like how some of the lines were very specific and easy to imagine whereas others were not as specific and easy to imagine. I really liked how you started the poem with "This is your last chance to be happy" and I liked how it ended with "This is your last chance at life". The entire poem was very powerful and motivational.
I like how you chose four different words that reminded you of Hoby. It sounds like an amazing experience. I love how you talked about how you want to teach others to be leaders. Also how you talked about how they said you were going to feel some internal changes and you did. How do you feel you changed?
I responded to the prompt Treetop. My piece is called The View from the Trees. https://youngwritersproject.org/node/21878
ReplyDeleteI like how you ended your poem . The ending shows that it is very hard to leave your old life behind, and begin a new one. I also like how you describe that the surrounding beauty hides the not so great parts of town. I feel that this is true with many places. People will try to look for the beauty and try to hide the ugly.
DeleteI responded to Rain. Write a rhyming poem about being stuck in the rain, and a surprising discovery you make
ReplyDeletehttps://youngwritersproject.org/node/22018
I really enjoyed reading your piece. I thought you did a good job setting up your funny lines, and the rhyme scheme was nice, and I thought you added some nice description throughout the poem. You wrote well about how rainy days seem to make everything worse. I think you showed how weather tends to determine our moods. We've all had bad days like the narrator of the poem, and they tend to happen not so coincidentally on the days when it is raining. Nice poem.
DeleteI responded to One; Write a serious conversation between two characters. Just write the dialogue, nothing else. Now, delete everything one person said so that only one side of the conversation remains.
ReplyDeletehttps://youngwritersproject.org/node/22321
It is crazy to me how from just one persons dialogue I could tell that the conversation was about someone in their family had a baby. I could tell their were complications about something. I wonder what the other person had said. It is interesting how much we know with only half of the conversation. I wonder how much people know when you hear someone on the phone. Would I be able to tell who the person was talking to. I think it is interesting the brain can connect half of words to figure out what is going on. Do we do this in our everyday life?
DeleteI responded to the What's Next?-- Guns prompt. My piece is called Keep Us Children Safe. Here is a link: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/22177
ReplyDeleteThis is definitely an important topic in the country right now. I think people need to work on educating other people instead of not listening to the other side. If people do not pay attention to a view opposite of their own how will one know others perspectives. Many people have many different perspectives. Someone that lives in the city may not realize the amount of guns used only for hunting.This would be a perspective someone would miss. If they did not listen.
DeleteI responded to "General" and wrote about how to me, "little things" aren't that little.
ReplyDeletehttps://youngwritersproject.org/node/22727
I really like your piece because it is well written, and I know exactly what you’re talking about. I like how you start with the saying, and then you go off on digressions, but it is all pulled together at the end. The little (big) things, can make or break a day. Specifically with human interactions. It can just be something that happens everyday, like sharing a laugh at something. There are many things that go into a day, but there are things that push us over the edge one way or the other. I think it is important for us to remember to think about all the many things that make us happy.
DeleteI responded to “Sports”. My piece is called Championship Game.
ReplyDeleteLink: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/22732
I responded to Last link: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/22736
ReplyDeleteI like how your piece is both happy and sad at the same time. It reminds me off the joys of life, and how easily they can be cut short. It’s saying savor life while you still can. The way I read it, the piece is not saying that each of these experiences will be your last, but that they could be your last, especially the last line. It is a powerful way to end the piece. I also feel that the way you chose to start every line the same way reinforced the power of “This is your last chance.” The way you used imagery made all of the feelings in each situation very clear, and easy to imagine. I liked how some of your examples, such as, “This is your last chance to do that one thing you have been waiting to do,” were more vague, but there were also very specific examples, such as, “This is your last chance to listen to a good story. Those laughs and smiles will be gone.”
DeleteI really liked your piece. I responded to this prompt last quarter and it was cool to see how someone else came up with a completely different poem but with the same directions used to write it. I loved all of the imagery used in your poem. I like how some of the lines were very specific and easy to imagine whereas others were not as specific and easy to imagine. I really liked how you started the poem with "This is your last chance to be happy" and I liked how it ended with "This is your last chance at life". The entire poem was very powerful and motivational.
DeleteI responded to "I am". Link: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/22637
ReplyDeleteI wrote about my experience at the HOBY leadership seminar. Link: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/22785
ReplyDeleteI like how you chose four different words that reminded you of Hoby. It sounds like an amazing experience. I love how you talked about how you want to teach others to be leaders. Also how you talked about how they said you were going to feel some internal changes and you did. How do you feel you changed?
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete