For this assignment, I played the role of Val in "Punch and Duty" by Carrie Luft. I enjoyed memorizing my lines, and although it was hard at times, I was able to understand my character and the play better while I was memorizing. It took me longer than I expected to memorize my lines, but it was easy to find time to do it. I thought it was a lot easier to do than the rest of my school work because I could find a few minutes here and there to work on them. I was able to practice before school and between that and the other places I practiced, I did not have to do much practicing at my house along with my other homework.
I thought our performance of "Punch and Duty" went pretty well, and there was only one point where I forgot one of my lines. If I could, I would have spent less time on the first half of the play and more time on the second half, especially when Val and Liz are talking to Robert at the dance. Overall, I thought our performance was pretty good, and Nathan (Liz) helped me out with the line I did not know. I think this was a pretty fun assignment, and it was less hard than I thought it would be at the beginning of the week when we first got our scripts.
I was also Val in our class's version of "Punch and Duty", but I did not memorize my lines. To me it seemed impossible because Val has several monologues throughout the play, but it sounds like it comes pretty easily once you just dive right in. I thought I was too busy at the time and would not have enough time, but now I wish I had so I could have felt more natural on stage. When you don't have to constantly look down at a paper, it is much easier to get creative with your character, as you mentioned. And, you made memorizing lines actually sound fun.
When you and your group preformed Punch and Duty I thought that all of you did very well with it. I thought that you did an outstanding job as Val. When Val and Liz were talking at the punch bowl I thought that you did a very good job at adding the expression of being sad, and longing to have a date to the dance and the sarcastic parts were delivered very well. At one point you had forgotten one line and I thought you handled that very well with when to ask and keep going on. I like in your response how you talk about how much you worked on it and the lines being harder to memorize than you thought. You did very well as Val and I liked how you and your team did the play!
For this assignment, I played the role of Val in "Punch and Duty" by Carrie Luft. I enjoyed memorizing my lines, and although it was hard at times, I was able to understand my character and the play better while I was memorizing. It took me longer than I expected to memorize my lines, but it was easy to find time to do it. I thought it was a lot easier to do than the rest of my school work because I could find a few minutes here and there to work on them. I was able to practice before school and between that and the other places I practiced, I did not have to do much practicing at my house along with my other homework.
ReplyDeleteI thought our performance of "Punch and Duty" went pretty well, and there was only one point where I forgot one of my lines. If I could, I would have spent less time on the first half of the play and more time on the second half, especially when Val and Liz are talking to Robert at the dance. Overall, I thought our performance was pretty good, and Nathan (Liz) helped me out with the line I did not know. I think this was a pretty fun assignment, and it was less hard than I thought it would be at the beginning of the week when we first got our scripts.
I was also Val in our class's version of "Punch and Duty", but I did not memorize my lines. To me it seemed impossible because Val has several monologues throughout the play, but it sounds like it comes pretty easily once you just dive right in. I thought I was too busy at the time and would not have enough time, but now I wish I had so I could have felt more natural on stage. When you don't have to constantly look down at a paper, it is much easier to get creative with your character, as you mentioned. And, you made memorizing lines actually sound fun.
DeleteWhen you and your group preformed Punch and Duty I thought that all of you did very well with it. I thought that you did an outstanding job as Val. When Val and Liz were talking at the punch bowl I thought that you did a very good job at adding the expression of being sad, and longing to have a date to the dance and the sarcastic parts were delivered very well. At one point you had forgotten one line and I thought you handled that very well with when to ask and keep going on. I like in your response how you talk about how much you worked on it and the lines being harder to memorize than you thought. You did very well as Val and I liked how you and your team did the play!
ReplyDelete